Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Soldier Of Progress - 6/5/12

Welp, I've done some more development. It's a bit tough to keep everywhere updated at once, which is why I usually don't post much on this blog. Sorry about that.



What if the sequel to this game had this perspective?
A couple of new maps, for one thing. I'm happy that I feel like I'm making progress; it's easy to tell that you're making progress since you're making maps for a Metroidvania. I feel like I need to ensure that the maps differ enough visually, though, so that's something that I'll have to keep an eye on. The lighting helps to keep things interesting, but I also need to ensure that I make interesting puzzles and stuff. The block crank puzzle in one of the maps that I added today is really simple, but this is supposed to be early in the game, so I'm not trying to "break out the big puzzle guns" just yet. :P



Hurray, I made the actual location for where the Jump Boots are located. The crate is behind Simon in the pic to the left. I think I might need some soft, wondrous music for when you go in someplace dark and somewhat mysterious, only to find something really awesome.




Also, I implemented ammo containers. When you get one, all of the ammo in your weapons gets increased by 10% (currently). Like the health containers, ammo containers are counted up as you retrieve them, and will be displayed with your other stats, like playtime and how many times you've died. There may be something special if you beat the game quickly enough or die little enough. :)




Anyway, that's it for now. If you feel like staying up on development, follow me on Twitter. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment