Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Kyro - Day Something Oruther

Yo! Soooo I missed the week deadline that I was aiming for, unfortunately (I should have been done around Friday the 24th). Oh, well; I think I've learned to adjust my expectations according to how much I (by now) know I'll work on my projects. So, I think I'll just try to make something every two weeks or so, since it seems like I can hit that pretty reliably. I will finish Kyro, though; I hope to have it done by the end of this week (at the LATEST before the end of January).

As far as development actually goes, it's going well. I do some additions and work on the engine I'm building Kyro on (BDX) while I'm working on Kyro itself as well, so it's kinda slow in some respects. However, it means that I have pretty good control over how things work and have a goodly amount of knowledge of how the engine works, which is cool.


I've gotten teleportation done and looking pretty spiffy with some particle effects, along with an enemy that just kinda waltzes around. Touch it, and you die, though in the tradition of Lolo games, it's not particularly dangerous looking. I plan (planned) to have multiple enemies, but I'm not sure, as I don't want this to grow into a full-blown game that takes a lot of time to create. I actually also planned to have simple combat, but wisely slashed that outta hand to focus on the puzzle gameplay. I already have five levels done, and making more shouldn't be difficult at all, so I should be able to hit my target time. There's not too many game elements that I've implemented yet that really "change" the gameplay, but it's already looking and feeling like a cool little puzzle game. Although, I'm already looking forward to the next game, haha. :d


Anyway, thanks for reading! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment