Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Soldier Of - 4-16-12 Progress

So, I was going to post just a couple of pictures, but I seem to be making somewhat rapid progress, so I decided to just write a news article about how things are going so far.


I've been working on Soldier Of a bit in the past week or so, and it's been coming along. I've been working on the maps, as well as adding new features.



Now, enemy guards can be alerted by their allies on the same map. This means that stealth will play a bigger part in the game, since you can easily become outnumbered if you alert a guard. Fortunately, when you leave a map, the alert will reset and the guards will go back to where they were beforehand.

Another feature is that I'm making the HUD at the top persistent (it doesn't go away). This is nice, since it lets you know what your health and ammo is, though for those who don't like it, you should be able to turn it off (it will appear only if you go to the pause menu). (This picture looks pretty much just like a GBC screenshot, which is nice to see. I should crop all of my pics like this. :) )



I'm also experimenting with lighting, the sewers being the first candidate so far. I should have more good-looking lighting effects in the future. There's no reason why this game can't look better, so I should try harder to achieve better graphics. The pic's a bit dark - I think I lightened it since then. :)




That's all for this mini-update. Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment