Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Step Back

Hey. So, I've decided after awhile that due to having game ideas that were quite a bit bigger than originally planned, I'm going to have to take a step back from my existing projects, and move to something much smaller.

While I do like my current games, I think that I believed that I was going to make a game rivaling such great indie titles like Cave Story and The Underside in a matter of weeks (or even months), which isn't going to happen. Such titles took time to make; time that I don't necessarily want to invest so early in creating indie games. Perhaps if I had a team, it would be easier to make such complex games, but I still would prefer to sharpen my skills individually before working in a team.

So, I think that I'm going to take a much smaller, more modular approach to game creation - I believe that I'll aim for smaller, more byte-sized games, and will release information and updates on a much more regular basis, which will hopefully get and keep people interested.

Thanks very much for reading. My next project will probably hit this blog soon, so keep checking!

No comments:

Post a Comment